Sunday, September 25, 2011

Welcome Fall

As most of you know, Fall around here means HUNTING SEASON! I used to look forward to this time of year because Brad LOVES it and I would have free time to craft and read and watch the tv shows I wanted. And lets not forget that fall food it THE BEST! But now i look forward to this time of year for different reasons. I still enjoy the food, and it still makes me happy to see my Sparky excited, that hasn't changed. But as for the me time...pretty much non existent! Now I'm really enjoying our family scouting trips like this one we took Saturday up to the area Brad will be hunting elk. We drove, stopped for lunch, visited a mountain lake and let the dogs swim, shot Brad's muzzle loader, and picked huckleberries. It was a great Fall day!
Can you believe this old girl can still do this? She never even hesitated when Brad threw the stick off the ledge. It was probably a 5'-6' drop.
Owen LOVES shooting with Daddy. He sits in his chair with his earmuffs on when Brad is shooting and as soon as it's time to check out the targets he is up and running telling Brad how good or bad he did. He is going to be a great little hunter someday.
Claire and I opted for some berry picking while the boys were shooting. We made huckleberry shortcake for dessert....DELISH!
Berry picking was more Grace Ann's style as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment