Friday, September 30, 2011
Tears - Toys - Busy - Yummy - FUN!
Our Friday started out with getting out the door 5 minutes late to go to Owen's 4 year well child check-up. He argued with me about getting on the scale and getting measured, he refused the cover one eye part of the eye test, he screamed his head off because the doctor had to get "a big chunk" out of his ear, then he got 3 shots. It was pretty sad/traumatic/exhausting. The best part is we have to go back in two weeks to get the things done that didn't work out today. AWESOME, right? So to settle the tears and relax the situation I told the kids we could go to Wal-Mart to get a little treat (i thought they would want candy). First they asked "what is Wal-Mart?", we NEVER go to Wal-Mart, then they picked out a sprint car, a princess Poly Pocket and a suburban for Daddy. Why does everything at Wal-Mart end with an 8? $2.88?, $3.08? It's always an 8!


We got home, ate lunch (top ramen, mom of the year, I know) then the kids played "fake sleeping". They kinda suck at it. Claire couldn't stop looking at her "beautiful new princess", and Owen couldn't stop laughing. ADORABLE!

While the kids played (for like 2.5 hours without any fighting...CRAZY) I made two double batches of home-made spaghetti sauce to freeze. It made 6 of these freezer containers.

Then in honor of Claire's new Cinderella Polly Pocket, we watched the movie...IN VHS! Claire is showing me she has the dresses from the movie, can you see her holding the little rubber dresses.
For those of you who don't remember....this is what a VHS looks like. I had to dig the VCR out of the shop (and if I may brag a little, I hooked it up BY MYSELF).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment