Jeff and Ceal had to head home Monday afternoon, and we headed to Foster Creek. This turned out to be one of the highlights of our vacation. We thought this was going to be a fishing trip, but there were no fish. So we put our lawn chairs in the creek and played and relaxed and I read. We were there for hours, it was WONDERFUL.
Our "old girls" still enjoying life.
The kiddos were getting so brave. Many times Brad or I walked the kids across the creek (it was pretty shallow) out to this little bar. Then they decided they were going to do it themselves. After a while they did it, slowly making there way across the creek.
Claire took the lead, shocker!
Once the made it across they were SO proud of themselves. They are shouting HURRAY!
I snapped this one during dinner, the dogs were a little tired. This was their 3rd day of playing in the river. They didn't move the entire next day. Poor pups!
Tuesday morning we had breakfast and then set out for a hiking/fishing adventure. Owen calls everything we do at the cabin "an adventure". He calls his hiking sneaks his "adventure shoes", and he asks for me to get pics of "his adventures". It's ADORABLE!
Our first stop was fishing near the Gorge, and Little Man caught the first fish of the "adventure".
I love that even at the cabin Claire "needs" a hair pretty. She is BEAUTY!
Next we hiked through the gorge viewpoint.
And then we headed back towards the cabin along Union Creek. We stopped MANY times along the way to fish.
Once we got into the campground, Brad found a spot for Claire to do a little fishing...
....and she caught the biggest fish of the day.
...and was over the top excited, not sure if you can tell:)
Then it was more hiking along Union Creek, and a few more photo ops. Owen is not as interested in getting his pic taken these days, luckily Claire is still all smiles.
I LOVE these two fishermen!
We found this "big ole tree" towards the end of our hike. I tried to get both of them to try to wrap their arms around it....this it what I got.
All and all we hiked/fished for around 3.5 hours. The kids walked the entire way and the only complaint came from Sissy about 100' from the cabin driveway, SUCCESS!
No comments:
Post a Comment