I turned 31 on Wednesday. I know, I know I look far too young to be 31, right? WRONG! My 30th year has been hard. Hard on my body, hard on my mind, hard on my career, and just hard.
Let's Recap:
-Right knee issues - no more running (the only exercise I do or like)
-Sprained my ankle, cast for two weeks - had to walk my first half marathon:-(
-Burned out on my job. I Applied for a full time position and did battle with myself about the reasons. Was I putting myself over my family, was I being selfish, was I building up my own ego. The bottom line was I decided not to take the job and I am completely at ease with my decision. My family will always come first. We didn't NEED the money, though it would have been nice. NOT THE RIGHT TIME FOR ME.
-My bridge failed (teeth), I had so much pain and I had to have a new one made - savings drained yet again.
-Potty training ups and downs - we are on track now.
-I had 15 pound to loose and in one year I'm pretty sure I lost NOTHING.
-The list could go on.
I had absolutely had no fear going into my 30's. I figured I might as well embrace it. Then it just seemed like it was one thing after another. I know that these things are all minor but they build and make you crazy. There were of course wonderful days and moments and memories that I am grateful for, don't get me wrong. That being said I'm going into 31 with a spring in my step and smile on my face, God help me.
31 here I come!
Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes, much appreciated!
ah sweetie, sucks doesn't it? i loved turning 30 in dec. everyone said" oh you're only 30? i thought you were way older!".
ReplyDeleteya , thank you you morons;)
nevertheless, i hope 31 is the bestest!
Remember that your friends (me in particular) love and cherish you. Don't be so negative! You are the most postivie person I know who always has an answer for everything and I love it. You are a wonderful 30 year old friend and I would have it any other way, minus a few wrinkles ;)
ReplyDeleteKick 31's ass girl!
ReplyDelete