Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Accident

Okay Okay, this is what happened....

I was weeding the flowerbed in the middle of the driveway(yes a gardening accident - don't laugh too hard), went to step down an rolled my ankle. My sister Katie talked me into going to the ER because it was not really swelling or bruising and because 4 hours later I was still crawling around because I still couldn't put any weight on it. So off to the ER we go. It was around 7:30 and we had to bring the kiddos of course (they can"t stay home alone yet). Turns out it was just a really bad sprain but they wanted to make sure I stayed off of it so they suggested a splint. I know it seems overkill, but I will say it was worth it because I'm feeling a million times better. We are supposed to run the Crater Lake Half Marathon this weekend. Brad is still running but I have switched my registration to the 10K. I'm very disappointed but know it's for the best. So the best part of the ER...Owen hit the emergency call button and the nurses came running in. It freaked him out and he started crying. The nurse felt so bad that she brought back a pile of stickers....Owen forgave her. HILARIOUS!

1 comment: