Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bend, Birthday, Museum, Family, Fun

A little party for my 3 year old. Thanks everyone, Owen felt like a KING!
We have been wanting to take the kids to the museum for a while. They had so much fun and were so interested in everything. They LOVE stuff like this (I think Claire and Owen are going to be nerds like their parents)! There was so much to see. They have animals, fish and reptiles, a Native American exhibit, and a Spirit of the West exhibit. The kids had so much fun walking through the old western towns, mining cave, and Saloon (dry).
This is a real Lynx. We were lucky to have it sitting right at the window. Claire was screaming MEOW so loud, it was great!

Then we headed outside.
This is the Settlers Cottage. They have people "living" in the times in all the exhibits and this one was Owen's favorite, he called him the "Wood Chopping Guy". The Wood Chopping Guy liked Owen too he let him pump a water his garden.

My Gramps spent a lot of his life in Bend at this museum in the Saw Mill. They have a picture of him in the mill and here Owen is looking through the window at his Great Gramps. This was obviously a difficult part of the trip for me but I'm so happy with this picture. I don't have any pictures of my Gramps and Owen together and now I kind of do. Miss you Gramps, I know you saw how much fun my kids had that day.

1 comment: